Fire Damage Restoration Specialists in Fort Collins
Fires can be devastating to your home or business. After the fire trucks leave, your property will suffer from fire damage, smoke, and widespread water damage. Which is why we act quickly to clean up and restore your home to pre-fire condition.
As Your Fire Reconstruction Resource We Will:
• Communicate the full scope of work with you prior to reconstruction. This ensures a smooth recovery with no surprises.
• Look ahead. During the initial remediation phase we will always look ahead to the restoration or reconstruction phase. This allows us to make the best decisions for your home’s rapid and comprehensive recovery.
• Perform all phases of the reconstruction after a fire or disaster strikes your home. Our team has the training, experience and skills to ensure the project is completed as quickly as possible and to your complete satisfaction.
• Work with all insurance companies. Plus, we’ll ensure our pricing falls in line with acceptable charges for the Fort Collins market.
What To Do After a House Fire
Here’s what The Institute of Fire Damage Cleanup says about home repair.
“Fire damage cleanup is an arduous process that often requires the proper industrial equipment and time. A standard vacuum cleaner is rarely enough. In addition, time is of the essence. In the wake of a fire, when victims are faced with insurance matters, arrangements for interim housing, and possible health concerns, homeowners are unlikely to make salvage efforts the top priority. Sadly, this could present a costly dilemma. In these cases, the services of a certified fire restoration company are invaluable.” – Institute of Inspection Cleaning & Restoration Certificate
What You Can Do on Your Own
- Open all of the windows. You need to get the air moving and blow smoke out of the house.
- Increase ventilation. Run fans to speed up smoke removal.
- Move pets and kids to a smoke-free environment. Smoke contains carcinogenic gases that can affect their health. Get everybody out of the house.
- Empty your refrigerator and freezer if there is no power. Once empty, prop the door open to prevent odors from building up inside.
- Inventory the contents of your home. Make a list of all items that need replacing. Take pictures of the damage, too. You will need copies for the insurance company, for your own personal records and possibly for the fire investigation authorities. Make extra copies just in case.
- Call an expert in fire damage clean up and restoration.
What You Should Leave to the Professionals
There are tasks you don’t want to attempt on your own due to the toxic gases or risk of smoldering ash. Fire restoration services have the proper safety equipment to get the work done without the risks.
- Don’t wipe down the walls, wood trim and furniture or any other absorbent surface.
- Don’t sit on or move upholstered furniture.
- Stay away from electrical devices like appliances, stereos or TVs, until the fire restoration service deems them safe.
- Don’t consume any food product, including canned items, that were exposed to the extreme heat of the fire.
- Don’t turn on home systems like the furnace or air conditioner.
Fire Damage Restoration is our business.
Call for regular or 24/7 Emergency Service (970) 670-7885.
Got questions? Call or contact us here.