Household mold can be dangerous to your health. Here’s what WebMD says about household mold “In some cases, black mold in your home can make you sick, especially if you have allergies or asthma. Whether or not you’re allergic to molds, mold exposure can irritate your eyes, skin, throat and lungs.”
Our Mold Remediation Process
A mold issue is always a moisture problem. Moisture problems are caused by water damage from floods, broken pipes, failed appliances, as well as by on-going and unnoticed leaks from pipes, roofs or around doors and windows. A high level of humidity causes fungus growth while lower levels tend to increase the release of mold spores as a method of self-preservation. Since leaks are the easiest to spot, this will be one of the first indications that you may have mold in your home. If you have mold in your home you will want to get rid of it before it becomes an extensive problem.
The purpose of a mold inspection is to locate potential mold infestations, determine the cause and provide information for an effective remediation (removal) plan. A mold inspection is a visual inspection of a property for mold and conditions that may cause mold. The inspection also includes moisture readings of construction materials, including exterior walls, interior walls, floors, cabinets, shower enclosures and concrete slabs. Rapid Dry Restoration uses state-of-the-art technology to detect excessive moisture in construction materials, the primary cause of indoor mold problems.
We focus on both short and long term solutions for eliminating dangerous mold in your house or business, including:
- Site evaluation and initial mold / indoor air quality testing
- Dangerous, or toxic, mold site identification
- Providing solutions and cost estimates
- Cross-contamination prevention
- Removing & remediating mold based on industry best practices
- Structural drying & dehumidification of affected areas
- HVAC cleaning and sterilization
- Decontamination & disposal of mold and affected areas
Post Testing, after Remediation
- Re-testing to insure mold problem solved & remediation successful
- Restoration of all mold affected areas